Tomorrow marks another milestone for Doug Marrone’s transformation of the Syracuse football program. Place National Signing Day 2011 alongside the first winning season and the first bowl game appearance of the new regime.
Merry Fizz-Mas, if we may, ushers in an impressive class of kids who should continue to build this program into a perennial Big East power. Marrone has reeled in his best class yet, with immediate impact guys like NYC WR Brandon Reddish and Denver RB Adonis Ameen-Moore, with a four-star standout in JuCo wideout DeFarrel Davis.
The Fizz devotes resources 365 days per year to Syracuse recruiting and we are incredibly encouraged by the haul it looks like Marrone and co. have brought in. We will devote our entire day to you and your recruiting addiction. Consider us the “dope man” for your recruiting fix.
Here’s a list of what to expect for the single most glorious day that makes our year:
- A constant eye on Syracuse’s biggest target, Kevin McReynolds. The Fizz is hot on the trail of the star defensive end. We know he plans to commit at his all-star game in Texas. His coach told The Fizz that as of Sunday night, no decision had been made.
- FizzCasts with many of the impact incoming Orange players. Some of the high profile names will include Ashton Broyld, Brandon Reddish, and Shutang Mungwa.
- A Fizz check-in with some of the leading national recruiting experts to see how the Orange is looking compared with the rest of the Big East and nation.
- Coverage of Doug Marrone’s Signing Day press conference, complete with audio and analysis as Team Fizz will be in attendance.
- A comprehensive Signing Day Recap FizzCast that will highlight the best of what we’re hoping is a groundbreaking day.
So what can you do in the time leading up?
(It’s sceintifically proven to make you more intelligent – although this statement has not been evaluated by the FDA.)
Keep a tab on the Fizz Twitter page. We’ll keep you updated on the McReynolds situation and any other potential twists of the day coming up.
Peruse the Fizz Recruiting Archives. You can read through our coverage of SU’s targeted class, complete with the snarky commentary that you have come to know and love from us.
However, do not overwhelm Kevin McReynolds with Facebook messages. That clearly doesn’t help you nab a recruit.
Whatever you do, make sure you’re on The Fizz first thing tomorrow morning.
Posted: Ted Conroy