Thanks to the good people at the Cake Group and Volvo, I’m returning to CNY for the Syracuse-DePaul game, cultivating mischief at every turn while tooling around in a brand new Volvo s60, aptly named “The Naughty.”
We are more than three months away from the excursion, which will be documented at every turn via The Fizz, Twitter, Facebook and FizzCast. If a new social media is popularized by March, we shall incorporate that as well.
It’s so quaint the other Big East diplomats have one or two people returning to their alma mater for their “Naughty Weekend.” Let’s do lunch at Panera! How about painting our faces for the game?
Mere child’s play for Team Fizz. Have you ever seen a bunch of soon-to-be-thrust into-the-job-market broadcast majors party to oblivion? We have an ever-expanding online team with four main cogs on the SU campus alone. Add myself and a college drinking buddy to be named, now we’re at an even half dozen. There are scores of my SU inner circle within driving distance. Simply mentioning in passing the opportunity to drive the Volvo s60 has been like an orange dog whistle. Everybody’s ears have immediately perked up. Don’t be surprised if our Naughty Syracuse Weekend becomes one obnoxious traveling house party. And you’re all along for the ride.
My top 5 to-do check list:
5) Wrap a Fizz t-shirt around the statue of Ernie Davis while convincing an unsuspecting freshman he was Sammy Davis Jr.’s brother.
4) Pull up to the Score 1260 studios in the s60 for my weekly segment with Brent Axe, while rocking a pair of mid-90s Oakleys and my SU leather jacket from middle school.
3) Guest bartend at Chuck’s and attempt to recreate “The K-Love Martini” and “Rambis Rum Punch.”
2) Crush ribs, chicken and slaw at Dinosaur BBQ with multiple Baldwin brothers. Again.
1) Park the s60 on Marshall Street and see how many co-eds want to take pictures in front of it on their iPhones.
Vote for your Syracuse rep in an effort for Big East superiority here. If you have suggestions for what needs to be added to this check list, by all means comment below. Absurdity will be rewarded.