On this week’s Fizz Five, Ethan Frank and Ian Unsworth break down a bevy of topics:
1. Quincy Ballard’s decision to transfer to Wichita State
After narrowing his transfer options down to Syracuse and Wichita State, the 7-footer decided to go to Kansas and be a shocker. The Syracuse native has now spurned SU twice, and Ethan and Ian try to figure out why.
2. Other Portal Center Options
Brandon Huntley-Hatfield and Akok Akok are the two names thrown out right now. Ethan and Ian figure out how each would fit in Jim Boeheim’s program.
3. Cole Swider as a pro prospect
Ethan thinks Cole Swider is the best NBA fit from last season’s SU team…
4. Injury rumors swirling around SU football
A key piece in the SU offense might’ve suffered a major injury, and it could spell trouble for the most important position on the field.
5. Syracuse men’s lacrosse loses to No. 15 UNC at the buzzer
Finally, the guys debrief on Gary Gait and company’s 14-13 loss to North Carolina and weigh what it means for the future.