Tomorrow marks another milepost in Doug Marrone’s attempt at dragging Syracuse football back up the mountain. National Signing Day ’11 will mark the deepest class yet for Marrone and one of the best in recent SU memory. Here’s The Fizz’s Primer Guide to Syracuse’s 2011 National Signing Day and what to expect from The Fizz coverage tomorrow.
Biggest target left on the board: Kevin McReynolds
- His coach tells The Fizz no decision yet
- Hard to feel comfortable for Orange Nation
- His recruitment has already made ’11 feel different from last year
- Could Randy Edsall come back to haunt SU again?
- His coach tells The Fizz sheer strength is his difference maker
Biggest mystery of this class is whether Nu’Keese Richardson ever received an offer from Syracuse.
Biggest long shot is Nick “Freezer” Grigsby, a standout MLB, who appears headed to Pitt.
Biggest commitment right now is NYC star wideout and deep threat Brandon Reddish.
Biggest potential kick in the groin was Groobers attempt at poaching SU commit Rob Trudo.
Biggest drama of the recruiting season: Ishaq Williams
- His dad tells The Fizz our coverage had nothing to do with his son’s decision to play at Notre Dame
- Ishaq’s father blasts Fizz for criticism of parenting priorities
- D.A. questions the priorities of Team Ishaq in marketing him
- Friendly fire from member of Team Fizz who said D.A. was wrong in questioning Ishaq’s parents
Biggest changes around the Big East:
- The shocking dominance of newcomer Charlie Strong at Louisville
- Coach P’s arrival at UConn means bad news for Syracuse recruiting
- Coaching changes at Pitt and West Virginia gives SU a position of strength
Beginning at 9a tomorrow morning, The Fizz will be bringing you continual updates throughout the day on Syracuse’s signees, FizzCasts with the incoming impact commits, news of SU targets that signed elsewhere and winners and losers of the Big East.